The programme is designed to cover a full academic year of three terms however, there may be the possibility of a two term option with a January start for outstanding students. All students live in boarding houses along with UK pupils and are fully part of the School community.
The Pre A Level course is designed to enable students to progress on to Sixth Form study and from there to further and higher education. Students will study:
- English as an Additional Language
- Global Perspectives (which prepares students for further study in a wide range of Social Science subjects).
- In addition, students are expected to take the iGCSE (or GCSE where available) in their native language.
- Science - a bespoke course designed to prepare students for A Level study
- Performing and Creative Arts - including music and drama
- Physical Education
- Computing - European Computing Driving License (ECDL)
The final element of the curriculum is the Learning Log, which is a student’s reflection on their progress, prepared in English under the direction of the Director of Studies. The Log allows students to feel fully involved in their learning and to express their feelings as they progress.
There may be the opportunity to study additional courses. Please contact us for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org. Features:
- One year intensive programme (two terms may be possible with a January start)
- Small class sizes of up to 10
- Accommodation and activities with UK pupils
- Sporting and extra-curricular programme
Cultural visit programme
- Single study bedroom
- Fully integrated school experience
“The best thing for me is meeting students from all over the world, getting to know different cultures and languages. Academically – you work hard here. It’s consistent, teachers help you a lot. Strathallan has a really effective way of teaching – teachers are really involved with the students. I’m getting pushed but that’s good for me, because I know it will help me improve.” Oscar, Mexico